Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Campus @ Epping, Melbourne




This is my campus at Epping (NMIT Epping Campus). It’s about 13kms from my current place (Bell Street, Preston) and it’s about 22kms north of Melbourne Central. According to the offer letter from the NMIT International Office, my course was supposed to commence on 9th February 2009. But, when I visited my campus at Epping, the program coordinator officer Mr. Phil Jones told me that my course actually starts on the 23rd February 2009.
But there is an International Student Orientation which was held on 6th February 2009 and it’s meant for international students only. Guess what, I missed the first half of the orientation because I thought it was held at my campus (Epping). But somehow it was held at Preston and I wasted my time travelling here and there. However, there is another important orientation which will be held at different campuses according to the specific course and commencing date. So, my orientation at my campus is on the 20th February 2009.
I have had a very good conversation with Phil during my visit to Epping campus. He’s really helpful and he briefs me on the course timetable and the career opportunities involved after my graduation. My course starts on the 23rd February 2009. The course is actually separated into two semesters. During the first semester, it’s mainly on theory and basic horse handling. On the second semester, it will be an attachment to trainer. You will apply the theory into real practice. I’ll be attending school four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday). The time will be from 9am till 5pm. Well, I’m looking forward into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment