Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Memorable Christmas

This year’s Christmas is the most memorable one that I’ve had in my life. I don’t celebrate Christmas in Malaysia and most of the time I’ll be working on this day too so I don’t really know how they celebrate Christmas and to me is just like another holiday or rest day.


Christmas is one of the most important holidays in Australia. I was quite honored to be invited to a Christmas lunch from one of my colleague’s mother. His mother’s house was so beautiful and it was the most beautiful house that I’ve seen since I’ve came to Australia. It was a good experience for me to attend a traditional Christmas lunch.

The guests who have been invited to the lunch will bring their present to the host’s house and placed at the Christmas tree. The host will serves the guests with some drinks. After a short chat, we’ll start to exchange presents from the Christmas tree. All the presents will have the names written on it. We’ll then, unwrapped our present and throw the wrappers on the center of the living room. When everyone has done, the owner will collect the wrappers away.

The host will invite all the guests to the dining table. At the dining table, there will be a small gift boxes for everyone. The first to be served is a seafood appetizer, then came the main course of turkey, pork crackling, vege and bread. The last will be one of their traditional dessert, pavlova. It has 3 different sections with strawberry, chocolate and pepper mint as topping. This dessert is the best that I’ve had and it’s actually made from egg white. After the lunch, we’ll have some games before we left.

Besides the lunch, I’ve received 5 Christmas presents. The first one is a Christmas card with one hundred dollar in it from my boss, a magnet photo frame from one of my colleague at the farm, a dvd about the greatest horse in Australia from my colleague at the racetrack, a set of grooming items (shower gel, anti-perspirant and body spray) from one of the trackrider and a packed of cookies from my landlord. It’s a wonderful Christmas experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment