Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Power of Amitabha Buddha

After practicing the ‘Buddha Recitation’ for probably a week or two, things started to change. I’ve finally found a trainer who is willing to try me and said she will trial me for one week with pay. The location of the trainer and the place where I lived is approximately 73kms, so the only solution for me to go for the trial is to rent a car because I need to start work at 6am. Renting a car in Melbourne is not that expensive but if you add up the petrol and the toll fees, it’s like a big bomb to me. I’ve rented a car (automatic 1.6cc) which includes insurance for 1 week and it’s cost me A$31.90 per day.

Just 2 days of trial, the trainer told me that she needs somebody which is more experienced, that means I’ve failed the trial. At the end of the trial period she did not pay me as she had promised earlier and that’s was a very great blow to me because I’ve spent so much money on the transportation and can’t secure a job.

Although I’m very upset but life’s still need to go on, so I continue with my phone calls to the trainers. Most of them prefer someone with experienced. They keep on saying they want someone with experienced but without giving the new people a chance, how are they going to gain experienced!!!

Two of my fellow classmates advise me to work for free for a couple of weeks first to gain some experience before change to other stables. After giving much taught, I decided to adopt their suggestion. Since I’m going to work for free, I’m going to work for someone who has good horsemanship skills. Then I recalled there are 2 trainers which my teacher has mentioned before. The 2 trainers are Julien Welsh (approx. 80 horses in training) and Rick Harrison (approx. 20 horses in training). Both of them are located in the same suburbs, called Pakenham. I gave them a called and they said I can have a work experienced at their placed so I decided to move to Pakenham which is approximately 85kms from Lalor where I’m staying at the moment.

After searching for a couple of days at the website, I’ve finally found a room which is quite cheap. It’s A$120 per week includes bills. My previous landlord offered to help me to move my stuff with her wagon to my new place for free without charges (85kms). This is the first good people which I’ve met since I came to Australia.

I was in a dilemma to whom should I work for, but in the end I choose to work for Julien Welsh as he has more horses, probably I can learn more from him. So, I went for an interview on Friday and he asked me to start work on Saturday. At the end of the day, he gave me A$100 as pay for the day and said to me “Hey mate, nobody works for Julien Welsh for free” “You can start work on next Monday”. He told me that he was very pleased with my work and attitude so he decided to give me a chance. And that’s a very good compliment and a boost on my confidence. To me, he’s like an angel descended from heaven to help me. This is the second good people that I’ve met. There are more to come in my next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment