Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My New Location

My new location is at Pakenham. It's about 62kms south of Melbourne City and it's about 85kms south from my previous accommodation. My landlord is a lady in her early 30s and her name is Mary. She is doing pet minding business. So, the current place that I’m staying has many pets around. There are 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 frogs and 4 lizards. Besides my landlord, there is another tenant lived in that house. He is a male in his early 40s, is a technician and his name is Douglas. So there are 3 of us and 10 pets lived in that house.

The distance between the place where I stay and the place where I work is approximately 2 kms, so my mode of transport at the meantime will be a bicycle. Initially, I intended to buy a secondhand bike but Douglas said he can lend me the bike which he has bought sometimes ago. He doesn’t need the bike anymore because he has already bought a car and the bike has been kept in the store for many months. Well, he is the third good people.

My new place is actually somewhere at the top of the hills. Have a look at the pictures, you will find the hills is insane. The hill was so steep, you can’t ride up the hill with the bike. To travel from where I stayed to my working place is like riding a rollercoaster, you will passed through many small hills, up down up down up down. Going to work took me about 20 minutes and coming back from work took me about 35 minutes because when travelling to work I need to travel up the hills twice whereas I come back, I need to travel up the hills 4 times. On top of that it’s after a long day of tiring work and it makes the travelling more tougher.

My landlord was a very nice person, she will drive me to the supermarket every weekend so that I can but some foods and other necessary daily stuffs. If I want to go to the train station, she usually offered to give me a lift when possible because travelling to the train station is even further than my working place. She is the fourth good people. Although there is a public bus available just about 15 minutes walked down the hill but it’s an hour between every trip. For example, if you missed this trip you’ll have to wait for another hour before another bus arrives.



The main entrance.



The drive way.



The side door which can go to the back yard.



The back yard.



My bedroom.





The bicycle that I use to travel to work.



The "insane" hill from the top view.



View from the foot of the hill.



The side view.

No comments:

Post a Comment